Accidents & Illness Abroad

Whether you travel for business or pleasure, accidents can happen. It is an unfortunate fact that whilst many holiday makers, and workers, enjoy problem-free trips away – individuals are still injured every year. Regardless of whether you were travelling for business or pleasure an injury abroad can become a very daunting experience and we are here to help.

Am I Entitled to Make a Claim?

Tour operators have a duty, under the Package Travel Regulations, to ensure that holiday makers are not exposed to an unnecessary risk of injury whilst staying in a foreign country. The transport operator is duty bound to ensure that the safety of their customers is not unduly compromised.

Likewise, those working abroad can bring a claim against an employer provided you were employed by a company based in the United Kingdom (at the time of your accident) or your employer has a registered office or place of business within the UK. This claim will be dealt with is the same way as an accident at work. If you work/worked for a foreign employer you should seek specialist legal advice to see what options are available to you.

How can Jefferies Help?

At Jefferies Solicitors our highly trained staff are equipped to recover compensation following an accident or illness abroad. We are able to get the best out of a bad situation which is often made more difficult when the claim is being pursued overseas. If you believe that you or a family member have grounds for a claim, contact us today.

Contact Us